- Experience. Full-time freelance translation and interpreting since 1997. Training and quality control of other translators:
- Long-lasting cooperation with customers. Knowledge of industry terms and technologies.
- TNK-BP (from 2007 until takeover by Rosenft in 2013), a major Russian oil company, joint venture with BP. Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting: working in oilfields, meetings, technology forums. Written translation: field data, well drilling and completion, field facilities, production, power engineering, contracts, project management, HSE, etc.
- SIBUR, the largest petrochemical company in Russia and Eastern Europe. Interpreting (consecutive and simultaneous): process units (production of polypropylene, polyethylene and terephthalic acid, olefin crackers), supply chain management project, corporate management conference, business meetings, workshops on logistics. Translation of technical texts.
- Construction of Amur Gas Processing Plant with helium production facilities to become the biggest GPP in Russia.
- Moscow Oil Refinery. Interpreting: installation supervision, repair of process equipment, procurement.
- Neftekhimia, a subsidiary of SIBUR and Moscow Oil Refinery. Project to increase the production of polypropylene. Discussions of process parameters, drawings, design documentation and staffing.
- Oil & Gas Journal. Translation of articles since 2007.
- Geophysmash. Instrumentation for well logging and petroleum production. Translation of the corporate web-site and technical documentation. More...
- Fluor. Project to construct a Refining and Petrochemical Complex in Nizhnekamsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation. More...
- DuPont. Introducing new technologies to refineries. Translation: drawings and other process documentation, equipment supply contracts. Interpreting: presentations of new technologies, business trips to refineries.
- General Electric. Interpreting at negotiations to supply GE gas turbines to Russian power plants, discussion of technical parameters.
- Literacy. A translation from English into Russian will be a translation into the Russian language, not "English Russian," or something. And translation into English will be a translation into literate English.
- No intermediaries.
- Quality. I receive the bulk of my work from my former customers.
- Complete legality of payments, tax optimization. I am officially registered as a private entrepreneur (Russian equivalent of sole proprietor) under Russian law, so my customers do not have to withold or pay any taxes (VAT, personal income tax, social security tax) on payments made to me.
- Simultaneous interpreting at conferences and other events with large numbers of participants.
- Negotiations (contracts, material and equipment supply, copyright).
- Business trips to negotiations, exhibitions, conferences, oil and gas fields, industrial facilities, etc. both within Russia and abroad. Example.
- Summit meetings. Example.
- Translation and interpretation support for multilingual workgroups:
- Engineering, design and construction of industrial facilities. Examples:
- Industrial safety meetings and conferences: HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Study), HAZID (Hazard Identification), PHA (Process Hazard Analisys), etc.
- Scientific conferences.
- Press conferences.
- Meeting guests in airports.
- Negotiations over the phone, teleconferences.
- Working as an interpreter with groups and individuals.
- Training seminars.
- Interpreting at exhibitions:
- Engineering and design of industrial facilities.
- Oil and gas exploration and production. Examples:
- Petroleum refining and petrochemistry.
- Construction (translation sample). Real estate development (for instance, participation in the transation of Professional Real Estate Development: The ULI Guide to the Business by Richard B. Peiser).
- Fire protection. Sample.
- Power engineering. Sample.
- Standards (Russian GOSTs, SNiPs, SNs, etc.; ASA, API, ISO). Building, fire and sanitary codes.
- Web-site translation.
- Copyrights, book trade and publishing.
- Fine art photography. Sample.
- Business correspondence.
Top of page