Web-site of Baker Hughes Inc. in Russian
Baker Hughes Inc. is one the leading providers of oilfield services covering the entire range of exploration and production operations.
In spring 2005, I worked as a technical editor on a project to produce a Russian version of the company's web-site. The original translation was produced by Logrus translation company. My job was:
Baker Hughes Russia ordered the translation of a new edition of the web-site in 2011.
- To verify the translation of all terms and find Russian equivalents if necessary. The total number of terms was about 800.
- To get the translation of the terms approved by the customer (Baker Hughes Russia).
- To check the accuracy of translation of the web-site text and make necessary corrections. Editing was performed on actual web-pages (html code). The total amount of work was 80476 words (322 pages).
- To ensure acceptance of the work by the customer. Each section of the site was accepted by technical specialists from the corresponding division of the company.
The work included the following subjects:
- Oilfield development.
- Drilling and completion of vertical and directional wells.
- Intellectual and multilateral wells.
- Coiled tubing.
- Measurement while drilling.
- Formation evaluation. Various types of logging.
- Drilling muds and completion fluids.
- Drilling and stimulation additives.
- Tricone and diamond drilling bits.
- Seismic data aquisition.
- Electric submersible pumps.
- Electric submersible progressing cavity pumps.
© D.V. Kazakov.