- Technical background (MPhys, Faculty of Physics, Moscow State University).
- Experience. Full-time freelance translation and interpreting since 1997.
- Knowledge of industry terms, processes and technologies. Continuous learning
Research skills: complex technical subjects
- Training and quality control of other translators:
- Experience in inventing confirmed by a granted patent.
- Research skills: complex technical subjects
- Quality. Attention to detail. I receive the bulk of my work from my former customers.
- Literacy. A translation from English into Russian will be a translation into the Russian language, not "English Russian," or something. And translation into English will be a translation into literate English.
- Experience of working with industrial companies and industry publications. Examples:
- TNK-BP (from 2007 until takeover by Rosenft in 2013), a major Russian oil company, joint venture with BP. Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting: working in oilfields, meetings, technology forums. Written translation: field data, well drilling and completion, field facilities, production, power engineering, contracts, project management, HSE, etc.
- SIBUR, the largest petrochemical company in Russia and Eastern Europe. Interpreting (consecutive and simultaneous): process units (production of polypropylene, polyethylene and terephthalic acid, olefin crackers), supply chain management project, corporate management conference, business meetings, workshops on logistics. Translation of technical texts.
- Moscow Oil Refinery. Interpreting: installation supervision, repair of process equipment, procurement.
- Neftekhimia, a subsidiary of SIBUR and Moscow Oil Refinery. Project to increase the production of polypropylene. Discussions of process parameters, drawings, design documentation and staffing.
- Oil & Gas Journal. Translation of articles since 2007.
- Geophysmash. Instrumentation for well logging and petroleum production. Translation of the corporate web-site and technical documentation. More...
- Fluor. Project to construct a Refining and Petrochemical Complex in Nizhnekamsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation. More...
- DuPont. Introducing new technologies to refineries. Translation: drawings and other process documentation, equipment supply contracts. Interpreting: presentations of new technologies, business trips to refineries.
- General Electric. Interpreting at negotiations to supply GE gas turbines to Russian power plants, discussion of technical parameters.
- Complementary services: transcription (speech to text conversion with or without translation into another language).
- Basic IT skills:
- No intermediaries.